Headlined by PGA TOUR Commissioner, Jay Monahan
Click here to access photos, newly unveiled renderings and our new logo
Click here to view current field list
Dallas, Texas, March 28, 2019 – Today the AT&T Byron Nelson held is annual kickoff luncheon and unveiled new renderings as well as the latest player commitments for this year’s tournament that will tee off for “More Than a Game” May 8-12 at Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas. PGA TOUR Commissioner, Jay Monahan headlined the luncheon with event moderator and WFAA’s Emmy award-winning sports anchor Joe Trahan. Monahan shared his perspective on the new PGA TOUR schedule, the AT&T Byron Nelson’s first year at Trinity Forest, and the current state of the game of golf.
“The ultimate testament during that week and following is what our players think and thought. To have a golf course so early in it’s existence have such a positive impact on our players and be so unique and so different, not only in terms of how it sets up competitively, but on the short and long term impact it is going to have on South Dallas and Momentous Institute,” said Jay Monahan. “I think it’s a remarkable start, unlike anything we’ve really seen at a first year at a new golf course.”
The 2018 AT&T Byron Nelson champion and current PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year, Aaron Wise will return to defend his title this year. Other early commitments include current U.S. Open and PGA Championship Champion, and #3 in the world Brooks Koepka, alongside Dallas-native Jordan Spieth, Marc Leishman, Ryan Palmer, Charley Hoffman, Rafa Cabrera Bello, and Brendan Grace.
Fans can also expect a number of experience enhancements including, the new Katy Trail Ice House Pavilion, additional golf viewing areas, and a convenient ride share drop-off location across from the main entrance. Last year’s tournament marked a memorable year as the AT&T Byron Nelson celebrated its 50th anniversary and first year back in Dallas at its new course home, Trinity Forest Golf Club.
“Our goal is to create the best experience for all of our fans and we have identified areas of opportunity to focus on and make even better in 2019,” said 2019 Tournament Chairman, Bob Carter. “Momentous Institute’s mission of social emotional health for all children so they can achieve their full potential also keeps us focused on continued success, and we can’t wait to show off the improvements we’ve made at the 2019 AT&T Byron Nelson!”
What to expect at the 2019 AT&T Byron Nelson:
- On-Course Patio Bars: The AT&T Byron Nelson is proud to announce a partnership with Katy Trail Ice House to offer spectators a brand-new pavilion experience. The Katy Trail Ice House Pavilion (all ages) will be located in the middle of the action at the corner of 4 green and 5 tee and remain complimentary with all tickets. The open-air, beer garden-style venue will include outdoor patio games, Katy Trail Ice House menu favorites, and areas to watch golf, emulating one of Dallas’ favorite hot spots with nearly 20 trees from Fannin Tree Farm shading the patio deck. Fans can also enjoy complimentary access to the Grey Goose 19th Hole (21 and over) located at 13 green, 14 tee.
- Golf Viewing Areas: Thanks to MD Anderson Cancer Center, additional public shade structures, covered stands, and free sunscreen stations have been added throughout the course. The last four holes will have shaded viewing areas near the action. All spectator pathways will also receive an anti-dust treatment prior to the tournament.
- Ride-share: The ride-share lot will be located across from the main entrance. Spectators using ride-share services will be dropped off and picked up in a designated area, within a short walking distance to the main entrance.
- Tickets: General admission tickets are $45 per day, Thursday through Sunday. A wide range of hospitality packages with food and beverage, VIP seating, air-conditioning, and premium viewing options are also available on a limited basis. For additional information, pricing and purchase options for all ticket packages visit our website here.
- Forest to Fairway 5K: Join us for the inaugural Forest to Fairway 5K presented by Baylor Scott & White Emergency Hospitals on April 27, 2019 at Trinity Forest Golf Club. This 5K provides runners the unique experience of running through Dallas’ Great Trinity Forest (the largest urban forest in the U.S.), as well as the tournament’s home course, Trinity Forest Golf Course – combining the elements of a traditional 5K with the elements of an easy trail run. Full registration details here.
- Volunteering: The AT&T Byron Nelson relies on more than 1,100 dedicated volunteers annually to assist with the execution of the golf tournament. There are a variety of volunteer openings – from gate ambassadors to laser operators, or standard bearers. If you are interested in learning more, please visit our website here.
- Complimentary Admission for Tournament Preview Day: The Hilton Anatole Pro-Am is played Wednesday, May 8, and is complimentary for all spectators.
- Complimentary Admission for Military, Police, Fire, & First Responders: It’s an honor for us to provide all military, police department, fire department and first responders with complimentary admission for themselves and a guest each day of the tournament. Tickets must be requested online here ahead of time and will be available for pick-up at will-call. Patrons 17 and under also enjoy complimentary admission.
- Parking: Once again, general parking, included with all tickets, is at the State Fair of Texas parking lot at the 2100 Block of South Haskell. The entrance to the parking lot is at the intersection of Haskell and Beeman. Trinity Forest Golf Club is located nine miles south of downtown Dallas, just off Interstate 45. Complimentary parking and shuttles will be provided. Additional details can be found here.
- Complimentary Shuttles: In addition to the complimentary shuttles provided to general public parking at the State Fair of Texas, complimentary shuttles will also be provided from the main entrance to our partners at the Happiest Hour and the Katy Trail Ice House in Uptown at the end of each day. Happiest Hour is the official after party of the AT&T Byron Nelson.
- KidsZone presented by Momentous Institute: Families can take a break inside the air-conditioned family favorite, KidsZone, presented by Momentous Institute while enjoying free games and crafts. Activities will include putt-putt, and one of Momentous Institute’s favorite tools in teaching children their brain is important, and that they have control over their brain – the “Brain hat”. Momentous Institute School students will caddy for the pros Wednesday morning as well as marshal on Saturday from 1-3.
- Mother’s Day Weekend: We will be celebrating moms all weekend with special merchandise, giveaways, and more!
- Bush Institute’s Warrior Open Presented by AT&T: The Bush Institute’s Warrior Open at the AT&T Byron Nelson will be held May 5-6, 2019. The Bush Institute’s Warrior Open began in 2011 for United States military personnel seriously wounded or injured since September 11, 2001.
- FAQ: For a full list of frequently asked questions, please visit: http://attbyronnelson.org/faq/.
About the AT&T Byron Nelson
The AT&T Byron Nelson is a premier PGA TOUR event, hosted by the Salesmanship Club of Dallas since 1968. The tournament has raised more than $160 million over the past 50 years, making it the most financially successful charity event on the PGA TOUR. All proceeds from the tournament benefit Momentous Institute, the nonprofit operated by the Salesmanship Club since 1920. Momentous Institute directly serves over 5,500 children and family members each year through its nationally acclaimed Momentous School, innovative therapeutic services, and reaches thousands more through its research and training.
The AT&T Byron Nelson is one of North Texas’ biggest sports attractions and most anticipated social events of the spring. Since May 2018, the AT&T Byron Nelson is played at Trinity Forest Golf Club in Dallas.