Dallas, Texas, May 3, 2019 – The final field is set for the 2019 AT&T Byron Nelson teeing off May 9-12 in Dallas at Trinity Forest Golf Club. Amongst the 156 players vying for the $7.9 million purse, the $1,422,000 first-place check and 500 FedExCup points are world #3 Brooks Koepka, Patrick Reed (#19), Marc Leishman (#22), and Hideki Matsuyama (#28).
The 2018 AT&T Byron Nelson champion and current PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year, Aaron Wise will also return to defend his title this year alongside Dallas’ own Jordan Spieth, Ryan Palmer, Charles Howell III, Daniel Berger, Brandt Snedeker, Jimmy Walker and other great American Players.
With the AT&T Byron Nelson’s new earlier slot in the PGA TOUR schedule, many top-ranked international stars have committed. These international players include; Ryder Cup stalwart and Olympian from Belgium Thomas Pieters, Spain’s Rafa Cabrera Bello, South Africa’s Branden Grace, Justin Harding, and Ernie Els (1995 AT&T Byron Nelson champion), Denmark’s Lucas Bjerregaard, Australian Marc Leishman, Thailand’s Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Sweden’s Henrik Stenson and Alex Noren, and England’s Luke Donald.
“We are excited about how the field came together this year,” said Tournament Director, Jon Drago. “All in all it’s a deep field of diverse players and should produce a lot of storylines next week.”
What to expect at the 2019 AT&T Byron Nelson:
- On-Course Patio Bars: The AT&T Byron Nelson is proud to announce a partnership with Katy Trail Ice House to offer spectators a brand-new pavilion experience. The Katy Trail Ice House Pavilion (all ages) will be located in the middle of the action at the corner of 4 green and 5 tee and remain complimentary with all tickets. The open-air, beer garden-style venue will include outdoor patio games, Katy Trail Ice House menu favorites, and areas to watch golf, emulating one of Dallas’ favorite hot spots with nearly 20 trees from Fannin Tree Farm shading the patio deck. Fans can also enjoy complimentary access to the Grey Goose 19th Hole (21 and over) located at 13 green, 14 tee.
- Golf Viewing Areas: MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Official Cancer Center of the PGA TOUR and AT&T Byron Nelson, will provide additional public shade structures, covered stands, and free SPF 45 DRIVE sunscreen at eight stations throughout the course. The last four holes will have shaded viewing areas near the action. All spectator pathways will also receive an anti-dust treatment prior to the tournament.
- Ride-share: The ride-share lot will be located across from the main entrance. Spectators using ride-share services will be dropped off and picked up in a designated area, within a short walking distance to the main entrance.
- Tickets: General admission tickets are $45 per day, Thursday through Sunday. A wide range of hospitality packages with food and beverage, VIP seating, air-conditioning, and premium viewing options are also available on a limited basis. For additional information, pricing and purchase options for all ticket packages visit our website here.
- Volunteering: The AT&T Byron Nelson relies on more than 1,100 dedicated volunteers annually to assist with the execution of the golf tournament. There are a variety of volunteer openings – from gate ambassadors to laser operators, or standard bearers. If you are interested in learning more, please visit our website here.
- Complimentary Admission for Tournament Preview Day: The Hilton Anatole Pro-Am is played Wednesday, May 8, and is complimentary for all spectators.
- Complimentary Admission for Military, Police, Fire, & First Responders: It’s an honor for us to provide all military, police department, fire department and first responders with complimentary admission for themselves and a guest each day of the tournament. Tickets must be requested online here ahead of time and will be available for pick-up at will-call. Patrons 17 and under also enjoy complimentary admission.
- Parking: Once again, general parking, included with all tickets, is at the State Fair of Texas parking lot at the 2100 Block of South Haskell. The entrance to the parking lot is at the intersection of Haskell and Beeman. Trinity Forest Golf Club is located nine miles south of downtown Dallas, just off Interstate 45. Complimentary parking and shuttles will be provided. Additional details can be found here.
- Complimentary Shuttles: In addition to the complimentary shuttles provided to general public parking at the State Fair of Texas, complimentary shuttles will also be provided from the main entrance to our partners at the Happiest Hour and the Katy Trail Ice House in Uptown at the end of each day. Happiest Hour is the official after party of the AT&T Byron Nelson.
- Kids Zone presented by Momentous Institute: Families can take a break inside the air-conditioned family favorite, KidsZone, presented by Momentous Institute while enjoying free games and crafts. Activities will include putt-putt, air hockey, and brain activities that teach children that their brain is important, and that they have control over it. It has also become a rite of passage for Momentous School students to participate in the tournament. They will caddy for the pros Wednesday morning as well as marshal on Saturday from 1-3, and two 5th grade junior reporters will cover the tournament from the media center all week long.
- Mother’s Day Weekend: In keeping with PGA TOUR tradition, we will celebrate moms especially Sunday with special merchandise, giveaways, and more on the course, and during our TV broadcast!
- Bush Institute’s Warrior Open Presented by AT&T: The Bush Institute’s Warrior Open at the AT&T Byron Nelson will be held May 5-6, 2019. The Bush Institute’s Warrior Open began in 2011 for United States military personnel seriously wounded or injured since September 11, 2001.
- FAQ: For a full list of frequently asked questions, please visit: http://attbyronnelson.org/faq/
About the AT&T Byron Nelson
The AT&T Byron Nelson is a premier PGA TOUR event, hosted by the Salesmanship Club of Dallas since 1968. The tournament has raised more than $160 million over the past 51 years, making it the most financially successful charity event on the PGA TOUR. All proceeds from the tournament benefit Momentous Institute, the nonprofit operated by the Salesmanship Club since 1920. Momentous Institute works side-by-side with over 5,500 children and family members each year through its nationally acclaimed Momentous School, innovative therapeutic services, and reaches thousands more through its research and training.