Something for Everyone at the Nelson
World-class golf is a given at the HP Byron Nelson Championship, but the annual tournament offers so much more, engaging and entertaining fans of all ages. From live concerts to children’s activities, everyone can “Come play at the Nelson.” Children 13 and under receive free admission, as do military personnel.
The 2014 Nelson week features:
Pavilion After Dark Concert Series
- Free with a tournament ticket, this year's series is presented by Michelob ULTRA and features Kelley James (Friday, May 16) and Mockingbird Sun (Saturday, May 17); concerts begin at conclusion of play.
Youth Clinic featuring Jordan Spieth and Harrison Frazar | 5 p.m., Tuesday, May 13
- PGA TOUR professionals and Dallas natives Jordan Spieth and Harrison Frazar co-host this event, presented by Kroger. The clinic is free and open to the public.
- The event will also feature Dan Boever, 2008 RE/MAX World Long Drive Senior Champion, who will entertain the crowd with trick golf shots, tips and long drives, Radio Disney personalities and giveaways, an appearance by Rowdy (the Dallas Cowboys mascot), free treats from Sprinkles Cupcakes, and other fun prizes.
- Free parking is available across from TPC Four Seasons Practice Range (in Lot 1). The address is 950 Byron Nelson Way, Irving, 75038.
- Admission is free to the air-conditioned venue presented by Baylor Emergency Medical Center. Activities include bounce houses, crafts and family photo opportunities next to a 6-foot heart, promoting that kids are at the heart of the Nelson, which contributes all proceeds to Momentous Institute.
- KidsZone, is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, May 15 through Sunday, May 18.
Hats Off to Momentous Futures | Saturday, May 17
- Tip your favorite cap — from chic and sophisticated to wild and wacky — to the work of Momentous Institute, the Nelson’s primary beneficiary, which works to transform kids’ lives through education and mental health. Nike will donate $5 to Momentous Institute for every cap that is purchased on Saturday in the tournament’s merchandise tent.
Leave Your Mark | Be a Part of the Heart
- Spectators can leave their mark on the 2014 Nelson and show their support for the work of Momentous Institute, powered by Salesmanship Club of Dallas, by signing the iconic heart, located at the Momentous Institute booth on Champion’s Way.
- Fans who engage with Momentous Institute via social media can spin the prize wheel to win great prizes, including upgraded tickets, T-shirts and sunglasses.
Free Valet Parking for Cadillac Drivers
- Any spectator driving a Cadillac will receive complimentary valet parking at Lots 1 and 10, subject to availability. The address for Lot 1 is 950 Byron Nelson Way, Irving, 75038.
Free General Parking
- Free parking is available to anyone with a tournament ticket at 3400 N. Walton Walker Blvd. Irving, TX 75062.
- Free shuttle service will drop patrons at the main entrance of the tournament. Shuttles run Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 90 minutes following conclusion of play and Friday-Saturday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
New Security Policy/Bag Restrictions
Fans should be aware the PGA TOUR is implementing a new security policy that will include wanding and restrictions on backpacks and purses.
The 2014 HP Byron Nelson Championship will be played May 12-18 at the TPC Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas in Irving.
About the HP Byron Nelson Championship
The HP Byron Nelson Championship has been a premier event on the PGA TOUR since 1968. One of North Texas’ biggest sports attractions and most anticipated social events of the spring is also the most financially successful charity event on the PGA TOUR, raising more than $132 million since its inception. The Salesmanship Club of Dallas is the host organization of the Nelson and a civic organization that raises funds annually to support the charitable programs of Momentous Institute (formerly Salesmanship Club Youth and Family Centers). Learn more at hpbnc.org.
About Momentous Institute
Momentous Institute (formerly Salesmanship Club Youth and Family Centers) has been building and repairing social emotional health for over 90 years. The organization serves 7,000 kids and family members directly each year through mental health and education programs. The organization is expanding its reach by investing in training and research to be shared with thousands of teachers and mental health professionals. The combined support of Salesmanship Club of Dallas, the HP Byron Nelson Championship, corporations, individuals, and foundations power these efforts and truly change the odds for kids in our community and beyond. For more information, visit momentousinstitute.org www.momentousinstitute.org.